Wednesday, June 8, 1983

Lager/Camp Fiasco Part II (6/8/1983)

Wednesday, June 8, 1983
At the general CP station meeting, the issue of the Lager/camp was brought out. There were a few denials to my “accusation” that the kids were left alone too much, but mostly there was silence. (It wasn’t really an accusation, just an observation I had because I didn’t know what the expectations at camp were. All I know is that Helen S and I spent all morning in the multi-purpose room working with kids, and we didn’t know where the others were.) When they were asked what they did all morning, they said they “forgot.” What did they do instead of the activities suggested by Helen? They “forgot.” At the end of the meeting, Bernadette started talking in French (assuming I couldn’t understand), about “a therapist going behind their backs.” Fr Dr B started defending this instance, in French. I decided to explain how it happened, that I told Jan B as a friend about everything that happened at camp (and now regretted it!). I also said that I didn’t know what was supposed to happen at camp, and if they felt everything at camp was “fine and good,” why did they react the way they did when they heard I was going to meet with Fr Dr B? No answer, and the meeting ended.


It was planned, or so Marsha C and I were told last week, that the aerobics class participants would take us to dinner at McDonald’s after today’s class. Just before class, I asked Elisabeth J if she was coming. She had heard about the idea of taking us out, but did not know a date was picked. Later when I saw Sylvie W, she asked what was going on about McDonald’s. I referred her to Susanne E, who had initiated the plan. But then Sylvie called Marsha to say she wasn’t coming. We were about to begin class with Marsha and me, Jan, and Susanne. Fr Dr Jo Deevey came for the first time, bringing two surgical nurses who wanted to watch. Then Elisabeth came in asking why she wasn’t invited to the McDonald’s outing. She and Susanne, and later Jan, went to the back of the room to argue. Apparently Elisabeth gave Jan a dirty look saying Jan always forgets to tell her everything. Marsha and I began the first song, and Jan walked out. When we had a couple more songs to go, Fr Dr Jo D left (the surgical nurses had already left). Kirby had been sitting outside, and when Fr Dr Jo D left, he thought class was over. He stormed in, yelling at Elisabeth, who then left class. Since there was only Susanne left, we decided to quit for the day. It ended up that Jan & Kirby and Susanne took us to McDonald’s. Afterwards we drove to the Stadtpark/City Park, but there was no concert tonight. We drove Susanne home, then Marsha and I were dropped off at the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment