Wednesday, June 1, 1983

Lager/Camp Fiasco Part I (6/1/1983)

Wednesday, June 1, 1983
When I told Jan & Kirby about all our adventures and misadventures at Lager/camp, we laughed about the whole thing. I joked that I had the impression it was a vacation for the adults rather than a camp for kids. Later, after Jan thought about it, she said I should tell Fr Dr B what had happened at camp, and if I wouldn’t then she would.  I figured I should just do it myself. I talked to Marsha C and Elisabeth J, and they agreed I should tell Fr Dr B. I then talked to Helen S (who was present at camp), and she suggested we have a meeting with everyone involved to talk things out.
At the therapy meeting, Jan and I scheduled a meeting with Fr Dr B for later in the day. Jan wanted Fr Dr B to initiate a dialog at the general CP Station meeting after the therapy meeting. But today was when Herr S was giving his inservice, and there was no time. Later during the day, the CP Station learned that I was going to meet with Fr Dr B and they became angry (guilty consciences?) with me for going behind their backs. So I decided not to meet with Fr Dr B unless Helen and someone else from the CP station was there. I wanted to get this mess over with. Jan and I met with Fr Dr B with Helen and Ruth in attendance. I didn’t say things like the staff went to sleep off hangovers, but stated that the kids were left in their wheelchairs without any stimulation. (The staff also forgot to give medications.) We wouldn’t have the general meeting until next week.

After aerobics, Marsha C and I walked downtown to try out the new McDonald’s. It was busy, but not too crowded. We had to wait for them to prepare our fish sandwiches, and the French fries tasted like they were from yesterday. The shakes were good. Ha, what a follow-up to yesterday’s meal! The employees seemed to be all foreigners (Asian Indians and Africans), and the clientele was mostly punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment