Thursday, October 29, 1981

A break, then back on the train again (10/28/1981)

Wednesday, October 28, 1981
Arrived in Geneva about 7:30 and caught the 7:48 to Lausanne. Changed to a train to Neuchâtel, then to Biel. Home by 10:30 to shower. Did laundry and went to the bank. Picked up my mail. Took a nap and was awakened shortly after 17:00 by Kirby who knew I was home because I left some stamps at their door. He wanted to know if I wanted a great view of the lake. I grabbed my camera and we walked down to get some shots of a sunset over Bielersee/Lake Biel.
Sunset over Bielersee/Lake Biel
We then stopped at a wonderful little toy store in the old town. Kirby was jealous that I got to ride a TGV! I visited a little with Jan & Kirby and by 19:00 I was on my way again. Took the 19:47 from Biel to Lausanne. Arrived at 21:00 and had a McDonald’s meal. The McDonalds closed at 22:00, so I had to wait in the station for the 23:46 train to Paris. Went out to the platform to wait and saw a bare fanny in an open window in some apartments. Most people had their security shades down.
When the train arrived I found an empty First Class compartment. A French guy hanging in the corridor came to join me. Then a couple girls and a short man with a plaid suitcase. The girls asked if this was First Class, and when I said “yes” they left along with the French man. The short guy also had a 2nd class ticket, but he stayed and paid the difference to stay in First Class. He then began rummaging through his suitcase and pulled out a pair of pants. He took off his jacket and… he took his pants and left. I figured he had gone to the lavatory, so I decided to check out the compartment situation. The short guy was adjusting his new pants in the next compartment, and all the other compartments were empty! When I got back, the short guy started saying in accented English, “Okay, okay. I move to next compartment so you can sleep nicely. All by yourself and I all by myself, okay?” I was happy when he took his plaid suitcase and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment