Saturday, March 12, 1983

Good Luck, Bad Luck (3/11-12/1983)

Friday, March 11, 1983
Found a four-leaf clover.
Four-leaf clover
Saturday, March 12, 1983
I went downtown and did some impulse shopping, getting a bikini and a pair of sandals. Also stopped at the produce market to get some nüssli/lambs lettuce salad.
Marsha C and I had planned on going to Bern for the Ostereiermarkt/Easter egg market, but despite seeing different dates for the market, I had it stuck in my head that one poster said it was next week. When I got back to the Personalhaus/staff residence, Marsha told me Barbara S had called and would drive us to Bern today at 12:30 for the Ostereiermarkt. I thought Marsha could go with Barb herself, as I had already been to the market, but she insisted I come along. Barb arrived at 13:00 with her friend of the weekend, Bruno. We zoomed off to Bern, and first stopped at the bear pits. We saw a poster for the proper dates of the Ostereiermarkt, and it was not today! As we walked along the main shopping street, nearly every store had an artist’s picture along with a sample of his/her egg handiwork. I was being “smoked out” by Barb and Bruno, and when we went to the Wohnshop Bazaar, I excused myself, and after a little window shopping, went to the train station and caught the 14:53 train to Biel. I was depressed at wasting a nice sunny day, and “sinned” by buying a chocolate bunny and gobbling him up! I feel like I am a fifth wheel in the Barb crowd, not only being smoked out, but somehow feeling ignored and that I am ruining their fun. I wish Marsha was okay with doing things with Barb without me (she seems to grimace when I suggest leaving her alone with Barb), and it would be great for Marsha to experience the Switzerland I have already seen, without my going to the same places twice. I have been doing that to make sure Marsha experiences what I think are the things to do in Switzerland, but in retrospect, they are what I think are important. I have been told (by Jan) to just do the things I want to do without worrying about other people. Am I able to do that?
It turns out that Marsha had the best time with Barb, and spent the night with another friend of Barb’s, so I need not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment