Sunday, October 30, 1983

Last week in Switzerland (10/25-30/1983)

Tuesday, October 25, 1983
This evening all the therapists took me out to dinner for my farewell.

Wednesday, October 26, 1983
Today, per Swiss tradition, I threw my own going-away party at the weekly CP Station meeting. I made brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Very American treats!

Thursday, October 27, 1983
Today was my last French lesson. I was doing okay until tonight, but then the tears started to flow. The problem with staying so long is that it is harder to say goodbye!

Friday, October 29, 1983
Tonight Marsha C, and Jan & Kirby took me to a ritzy restaurant in Bern. I was being treated, but I think at least three 100 CHF/$50 bills were given to the waiter, maybe even four! I don’t deserve that much! We then went to the cathedral and to see an art exhibit in the former prison tower.
View from the Käfigturm/Prison Tower
Said my heart-wrenching goodbyes to Jan & Kirby. Tomorrow I say goodbye to Marsha, and that is going to be an emotional goodbye!

Sunday, October 30, 1983
Marsha drove me to Geneva and we stopped for lunch and to see some old Roman mosaic floors. Still sightseeing at the last minute!
Depart Geneva at 18:15 pm.

Next: 1983 India.

No comments:

Post a Comment