Sunday, May 16, 1982

Korean Cuisine and "Beach" (5/16/1982)

Sunday, May 16, 1982
I was ready to go sunbathing by the Bielersee/Lake Biel, but decided to ask Jong-Soon if she wanted to come. She did and went to get ready. I sat down to read a book, and when I next looked up, it was 11:30! So I went to tell Jong-Soon I was going to eat lunch and she invited me to eat with her. She stir-fried cut up beef with green pepper and carrots, and added a spicy pepper/chili paste and soy sauce. We had the mixture wrapped in lettuce leaves. Now I am having Korean cuisine (ssambap)!
Jong-Soon invited two other girls on our floor to come with us. Klara and Christel are nurses from Germany and they wanted to go swimming, so we paid the 1 CHF/50 cent fee to enter the Strand/beach of grass.
"Beach" ticket
Jong-Soon pointed out all the girls without tops. She had put on stockings to come to the beach! Found a four-leaf clover next to my feet.
Four-leaf clover
It turned out the two girls did not go swimming. I was the only one to go near the water where I put my feet in the freezing water. If I had been hot, I would have gone in all the way, but it was cloudy, cool, and breezy. 
We went to have “coffee,” but all the restaurants in the old town were closed. Ended up at a café on Mühlebrücke where I had a Schweppes Quinine, Klara had a cappuccino, Christel had a salad, and Jong-Soon had ice cream.
At least this weekend was better than the last when I had been feeling light-headed for a week. My blood pressure was measured at 125/70, so that wasn’t it. I did start running last Sunday, and have been a few more times. Jogging isn’t big in Switzerland, and I usually pass old men taking their evening constitutionals. It’s not like running in Buffalo’s Delaware Park with 100 other joggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment